Inspiring Mothers, Building Homes

Friday, June 19, 2009

Raising Joshuas


Visit us at our new blog : Hearts of Moms Blog :)

As I listened to the concluding session of the Life Lessons of Joshua, one thing that stood out for me is that Joshua was a man of great influence and he left such a great impact on the lives of the Israelites.

Joshua 24:31 & Judges 2:7 say "Israel served the Lord all the days of Joshua and all the days of the elders who outlived Joshua and had known the work that the Lord did for Israel."

  • Joshua lived a godly life, lived and walked the talk and had a very close relationship with God such that under his leadership, all of Israel served the Lord.
  • His life also impacted the elders of Israel who continued his legacy of godly living and leadership even after his death.
  • And he was very sure of the devotion of his household as he declared boldly to rest of Israel in Joshua 24:15b "...choose this day whom you will serve... But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord!" There is no two ways about it.
All these made me think about my own walk with the Lord - whether I am walking my talk and I wonder if my life will have such an impact on my children and others around. And what about my children? Will they also live lives that impact others for Jesus? Will they be like Joshua? Can others say the same of them?

It really made me think about what I need to do to raise the Joshuas in my family - to be godly servant leaders who make great, profound and godly impact on the lives of their friends and peers and wherever God has placed them in.

This series - Lessons on the Life of Joshua has taught me much indeed. And I pray that we will take time to listen and read through the broadcast/transcript again and take note of what God wants to teach us and show us in raising and training/nurturing the Joshuas that are placed in our care so that they can be men and women of influence for God, making great impact for Him wherever they may be! May God grant us the wisdom to do so.

(Do go back to the older postings on Joshua to read up again :

No comments: