Inspiring Mothers, Building Homes

Monday, May 25, 2009

A Mom's Reflection on Our Words ...


Visit us at our new blog : Hearts of Moms Blog :)

A Mom's take away from the session of Our Words Can Make A Difference by Jan Holdaway...

I have read Phil 4:8 umpteen times but on Fri morning the words spoke to me..."....think about such things".

The NASB version translates it as"....let your mind dwell on these things.."

Our minds are constantly bombarded with and/or shaped by thoughts and pictures that we receive from people and all sorts of sources surrounding us. At times, they are the thoughts that are being "pushed" into our minds.

Unconsciously, we parents may have allowed such thoughts, philosophies, etc.. to take captive of our minds and we transfer them to our children.

As we allow the virtues in Phil 4:8 to dwell in our minds, they will shape our attitudes and direct our words and actions.

The virtues in Phil 4:8 are not merely "positive thinking" or "emotional intelligence" as taught by the "new age gurus".

They are Godly virtues...


From Mom LL

And some other feedback and comments from other moms :
"It is such a timely message. I have learnt much from the speaker."

"I am so glad I came today. I was feeling low and very burdened by the words I have used on my child. My spirit feels lifted up after the talk and prayer."

"I must remember to say the right thing today, to be encouraging - as my child brings back exams scripts and marks today!"

Our speaker shared with us a funny advert done by British Telecoms. You can watch this on youtube : British Telecom - Ology 80s


No comments: